An EU Nutrition Security Advocacy Officer (Bruxelles, Belgium)
Work for our humanitarian NGO and join the fight against world hunger. We are working in over 50 countries around the world with the goal of ending hunger by fighting its causes and consequences. Join us now as an EU Nutrition Security Advocacy Officer in Bruxelles, Belgium.
Duration: Long-term contract
EU Nutrition Security Advocacy Officer – Work context:
You are administratively attached to the European office of Action Against Hunger based in Brussels.
You will be under the hierarchical management of the European Humanitarian Advocacy Advisor.
You work are the European office of Action Against Hunger in Brussels, with another person in charge of advocacy on humanitarian and crisis issues.
You have a great independence and room for manoeuvre to develop strong advocacy with the various European interlocutors on issues of hunger, food security, health, water, etc.
There are strong internal coordination aspects to ensure the coherence and relevance of messages with the operational, technical and advocacy teams based in France, in the other European offices of ACF (Germany, Italy, Spain) and internationally, as well as external coordination with the coordination of the Génération Nutrition network bringing together NGOs in Brussels on nutrition security issues.
You are in charge to develop Action Against Hunger advocacy at EU level on nutrition security, and influence EU policies and institutions towards the multisectoral approach (health, nutrition, food security, WASH, social protection) to nutrition security.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Implement ACF EU advocacy on nutrition security
- Active participation in internal and external advocacy coordination
- Contribute to the overall ACF-France advocacy strategy
You hold a university degree in a field relevant to the position (EU policies, development, etc.); 1-3 years of experience, preferably at the EU level and/or working with NGOs.
You demonstrates knowledge of EU policies and EU institutions and knowledge of NGOs work at EU level.
You have a first experience in advocacy at EU level and knowledge of EU nutrition and development policies.
You have excellent drafting and reporting skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and excellent English and French verbal and writing skills.
Specific conditions / Salary:
- Contract under Belgian law
- Contracting subject to AFD and Gates funding
- Gross annual remuneration spread over 13.92 months with annual indexation;
- 30 days holiday per year in addition to the official public holidays of the Kingdom of Belgium;
- Group insurance / supplementary pension AXA (6% of gross salary);
- Meal voucher of 8 € / day worked of which employer's contribution of 6,91 € (1,09 € to be paid by the employee);
- DKV hospitalization insurance paid by the employer;
- Participation in the cost of transport from home to work in accordance with the agreements in force
Are you familiar with the intricacies of the European decision-making process? Are you passionate about issues and policies related to global health, nutrition or food security? Are you used to coordinating activities with multiple international stakeholders? Do you like to take initiatives and implement solutions to support the rights to health and food for all?
If you answer yes to these questions: apply now to join the small team of Action Against Hunger in Brussels... and the bigger one based all over the world!
If you are interested, visit our colleagues HERE!